St. Joseph’s High School, an institution which prepares boys for the Cambridge School Certificate Examination, is conducted by the Brothers of the Congregation of Holy Cross, with the assistance of other interested and dedicated teachers.
In March, 1954, Brother Jude opened the new St. Joseph’s with four students and one classroom located at the present Brothers’ residence. The following year, a single-storied building was constructed by Brother Andrew at the Shah Shahib Lane property. In 1960, a second story was added and the enrollment of the school rose to 269.
In 1963, nine years after opening, the school was sufficiently developed to enable two major accomplishments to take place, both of which were to bring Brother Jude’s original idea closer to realization. In October of that year, to accommodate increased enrollment, Brother Fulgence began work on a new school complex in Mohammadpur. In November of the same year, the first class of boys from St. Joseph’s sat for the Cambridge Examinations. Last year, eleven boys took the examinations: seven placed in the First Division, three in the Second Division, and one in the Third Division. These first two graduating classes have given not a little confidence and encouragement to the present Josephites.